We have found over the last few years with our Marbella long term rentals side of the business that many people have important questions that need answering.
Not every agency works the same way. The thing is, our way may not be the best way but it works very well for us and ultimately our owners and tenants.
Below is a selection of answers to the standard questions, but please feel free to contact us anyway, and we will be very happy to have a talk with you to explain in greater detail
Long term rentals terms rentals questions and answers
CMH properties , will market the property with all the up to date marketing techniques available today .To do this properly we need our own marketing content ,so as not to infringe on any intellectual rites of outside commercial content provides
- Our proposed tenants will need to fill references from their current landlord and present employment. If retired, proof of incomes
- We prefer to work with local Spanish professionals as in the system. Who have work contract and can provide references from at least the prior Landlord and present employer.
- We use a Spanish contract drawn up by a local lawyer
- We provide an item by item inventory backed up with photos that the tenant needs to sign.
- We suggest a rental period of 11 months
- We like to be able to enter the property every six months to check no infringement of the contract
- The tenant pays the owner directly by direct debit
- Standard money asked for in this market is 1 months deposit with 1 month rent
- The owner pays the community fee , bins , IBI
- The tenant pays the Electricity and we advise this be put in the tenant’s name. Water is very expensive to change over, so advise for reimbursement
- The first month we are happy to help with any snags that arise with any breakdown of household utilities included in our fee
- After the first month there is a call out charge of 45 Euros for the first hour and 35 Euros after
- Our commission is the first months deposit due on the signing of the contract
- We are on hand to help with any problems should they arise throughout the tenancy up to the exit for a fee (please see 12) for clarity
- Should both the owner and the tenant wish to continue the contract we can renovate? Our fee for contractual renovation is equal to the full month
- Exit and cross reference of the inventory is included in first months fee
- Two sets of Keys with 1 garage fob is best to be provided. Garage space and the use of storage needs to be clearly stated
- No Smoking rule ( Clearly stated)
- Pets Yes/No ( Clearly stated)
- Tenants too have their own content insurance clearly stated
Viewings are normally last minute and in unsociable hours so we do need keys